(17) Ancillary Practice 2

Recreate A Famous Album Cover
Similar to our practice task last week, we have to create a famous album. Once again, we were placed in randomly generated groups. The group I was placed in included Jordan, Tazmin and, of course, myself. In these groups, we were given a random album cover by sir to recreate. The album we were assigned was 'Creatures of the Night' by Kiss:


Unlike the other task, however, we had one lesson to familiarise ourselves with the poster and to organise models. This is because the album covers involved more comprehensive makeup and therefore required more preparation in order to bring in the appropriate costumes/makeup/props. Finding models willing to have such dramatic makeup applied during school hours (particularly period one) was difficult. Fortunately, we found two who were willing.

While we didn't need any comprehensive props, our photo heavily relied on makeup. This meant we needed to acquire some eyeliner for the next lesson. This could easily be acquired from a drugstore or even a supermarket.

Because we failed to find anybody willing to partake, I did it at home using my boyfriend as a model. The makeup looks were fairly easy to recreate, and it took less than an hour to do. However, I did use up a lot of eyeliner!

After I had taken the photos, I used the original album cover as a base. I created a composite of all the photos I had taken and then changed the overall hue to recreate the blue tones. After I had altered the colours, I quickly filled in the glowing eyes look. This is the final image:


It's not of the highest quality as I used my phone and only had a short amount of time to edit them. However, I feel the product was more successful than the first ancillary practice task we did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Endings & Cyclical Structures

The Power of Subtext

(53) Evaluation Q.1