(10) What's in the News?

Find a News  Article
We were tasked with finding a news article and using it as a stimulus for a music video. We were given complete freedom with this task so long as we based our storyboards off of the new story we found. This task will be useful in developing our creative skills and imagination, which will help greatly when going to develop our stories for our real coursework.

This is the story I chose to develop from:



I chose this story because it was the most entertaining and lighthearted I could find among stories about death, conflict and hate. Furthermore, it was the one story I imagine could be developed creatively from, seeing as the entire article was centred around a hypothetical situation anyway.

When I first started brainstorming ideas, I stuck to the premise of the article in which it was warning of potential 'killer robots'. However, I soon came to the conclusion that an in-depth story couldn't really stem from this because it relied on one situation only (warning/people in conflict over the issue) and no real killer robots. So, I decided to start my planning after said robots had been created.

Idea Synopsis:
I wanted to set it in a manual workplace area, perhaps a farm, following one robot. Across the nation, a civil war had begun after robots had campaigned for their freedom. The robot on the farm, helped advocate robot freedom and had escaped the farm he worked on several times, only to be brought back. However, a law was declared claiming all robots be set free to live peacefully among humans, resulting in his freedom. After he had finally got what he thought he wanted, he didn't know what to do with himself, but soon found love in another robot. However, when with this robot, he found that all he really wanted to do was to serve, so he constantly found himself doing chores which the other robot didn't want him to. He soon left the other robot and ended up on the street, unable to buy oil as he had no job and was going rusty and robots need maintaining. Inches away from death, the old farmer he once worked for saves him and brings him back to the farm. In the morning, when the robot is in good enough condition, the farmer sends him on his way with a can of oil for free. The robot begins to walk away however he begins to miss his old life, turning around and asking the farmer if he needed help around the farm. They both live happily ever after.



If I were to choose a song to pair with this video, I would choose 'Dojo Rising' by Cloud Control
This is because it has a very chilled vibe to it which I think would suit the fantasy style of my concept. Furthermore, it doesn't really fluctuate and therefore won't add emotion to the video, which is what I would want as I wouldn't want the music video to take itself too seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Endings & Cyclical Structures

The Power of Subtext

(53) Evaluation Q.1